iLEAD (i Lead through Eman and Application of the Deen) is a weeklong day camp focusing on leadership through Islamic knowledge and team sports. Topics covered through halaqas and open group discussions include: Our Purpose & Mission, Motivation, Patience, Courage and Taqwa. Activities offered include: full-court basketball, football, soccer, running, kickball, tournaments and more!
Registration is closed here, for late registration please visit http://ilead.eventbrite.com/
- April 18 – April 22, 2011. 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Before and After Camp available.
- Leadership discussions
- Group activities
- Each camper receives a camp shirt and ILIA leadership sketch book.
- Middle and High School brothers ad sisters
- Open to boys and girls ages 9-17. Limited spots available
- Guest Speakers:
- Mahmoud Abdelhadi, Imam Dar Al-Taqwa, Ellicott City
- Okasha Hassan Kameny, Scholar and Imam, Philadelphia.
- Mohammad Abutalib, UMCP MSA Speaker, Muslim Youth Outreach.
- Yassine Daoud, Surgeon, Muslim Outreach Activist
- Safi Khan (unconfirmed), Amir, Dar us Salaam, College Park
- Ayman Nassar, Founder, Islamic Leadership Institute of America, Ellicott City
- Mohamed Mohamed (tentative), Imam, Muslim Community Center, Silver Spring
- Bilal Prather (tentative), Imam, Muslim Human Services Office, Washington DC
- ….. and others inshaa Allah
- Transportation available from Dar Al-Taqwa, ICCL, MCC and Dar us Salaam for a small fee.
- Islamic Society of Baltimore (ISB)